Post Page Advertisement [Top]

CookiesFavouritesSingapore

Nesuto Patisserie: Crumbly, decadent, addictive cookies

TL;DR Amazing, perfect cookies. So addictive you want to finish the whole container immediately. (Amazing desserts too, but we're digressing) 

Nesuto Patisserie is well-known for its desserts, both their French-style entremets and layered cakes. But I'm here to tell you about its relatively unknown treasure. Nesuto sells the most amazing cookies ever.

Well, yes, maybe I can't say about ever, it's not like I've tried all the cookies to be had here. But it's certainly one of the best I've had in a while.

The cookies were just sitting innocently beside the cashier, free samples for you to taste. How could I resist? They were so good that I disregarded my sense of shame and helped myself to extra pieces just to confirm that I needed to buy some home immediately.

Nesuto sells four kinds of cookies currently (of which only three were available on the day I was there): Chocolate Fleur de Sel, Coconut, Nori Seaweed, and Black Sesame.

I'm recommending the Chocolate Fleur de Sel cookies and the Coconut cookies.

Chocolate Fleur de Sel Cookies


The chocolate fleur de sel cookies were what initially caught my attention. I am always in need of a good chocolate sea salt cookie.

Fleur de sel, literally "flower of salt" in French, is a salt that forms as a thin, delicate crust on the surface of seawater as it evaporates. This salt has a more delicate and finer texture compared to regular table salt, and is most often used as a finishing salt to flavour and garnish, like in the case of these cookies.


The chocolate cookie was so rich and decadent. It's intensely chocolaty without being overpowering. The chocolate leans on the dark chocolate side, and it's dark without being bitter, which is a very delicate balance to strike. The finishing salt also gave it an exquisite saltiness that was refreshing in the richness of the chocolate. Despite the richness of the flavour, I feel like I could eat this cookie forever without getting tired of it. (I did then go home and eat a third of this container in one sitting)


The cookie holds firm in the hand, but crumbles into a sandy texture in your mouth once you take a bite.

There are also mini pockets of melted chocolate in the cookie, which give the cookie an almost melt-in-your-mouth texture.

Coconut Cookies


After deciding to buy the chocolate fleur de sel cookies, I decided to try the other cookies as well. Might as well, right? And the coconut cookies were surprisingly good as well.

These cookies are touted by Nesuto as a "marriage between coconut macaroons and butter cookies". And it's indeed true.


The first thing that hits you is the savoury aroma of butter cookies, and hidden inside that fragrance, a whiff of something coconut-y as well. Nothing too strong and agressive.

This tastes mostly like a delicate butter cookie, with the aftertaste of coconut. Even if you hate coconut, this shouldn't offend.


The texture was less crumbly and more crunchy. Butter cookie texture with a bit of desiccated coconut texture.

I wouldn't buy this cookie because I'm a fan of coconut, but I would buy it because it's an upgraded version of a basic butter cookie. Instead of a singular butter flavour, the addition of coconut results in something else lingering in the aftertaste, such that you can't help but pick up another cookie to savour it better.

Nori Seaweed Cookies

No photos but I did try the Nori Seaweed cookies as well since there are free samples. I can briefly say that these are delicious as well. Butter cookies with crunchy seaweed layers inside. But I did prefer the chocolate and coconut cookies over this.

(And I have a budget to stick to.)

Is it worth it? 

Each tub sells for $15 and contains 300g of cookies.

For the high quality and just how tasty the cookies are, YES, take my money please. I can honestly say that I definitely see myself returning to get more cookies often, especially as gifts during Chinese New Year, or as a treat for my loved ones.

Where is it? 


Nesuto
(website)

53 Tras St
Singapore 078992

Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib